We've been very fortunate to attend a number of renaissance festivals around the country. We won't lie -- part of our motive in making the movie was to have an excuse to travel around, enjoying a variety of faires. It was a lot of work, but we never missed an opportunity to join our fellow rennies for a wooden pint and a laugh. Community, after all, is what faire is all about.
Festivals for Huzzah!
This is a list of festivals we visited during the filming of Huzzah! the Movie. We'd have loved to get more, but we did what we could. It's a pretty good list.
- Texas Renaissance Festival (TRF) in Plantersville, TX (outside of Houston)
- Oklahoma Renaissance Festival (OKRF) at the Castle in Muskogee, OK
- Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival (Scarby) in Waxahachie, TX (outside of Dallas)
- Renaissance Pleasure Faire of Southern California (RPFS) in Irvine, CA (near Los Angeles)
- Colorado Renaissance Festival
- Kansas City Renaissance Festival near Kansas City
- Middlefaire in Hillsborough, TX (between Waco and Dallas)
- Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha, WI (near Chicago)
Festivals we've Attended
We've also been to a few faires we didn't make it to for the movie.
- Sterling Renaissance Festival (Chris) in Sterling, NY
- Sherwood Forest Renaissance Festival (Glenn) in Austin, TX
- Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire (Chris)
- Hawkwood Renaissance Faire (Glenn) in Fort Worth, TX
- Excalibur Fantasy Faire (Glenn) in Smithville, TX
There are a few festivals we haven't made it to yet that we're dying to get to one day.
- Northern California Renaissance Faire
- Maryland Renaissance Festival